Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green -

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green - 336 pages

You know how they say something can be beautiful and devastating at the same time?  A mushroom cloud, a lightning strike, a mime...well, here's the literary version of that for you.

I won't say much about the story, because there's been a lot of exposure after the film and I think we all know it's about youngsters riding the wave of terminal illness.  What I will say is that I cracked this book open knowing exactly what was going to happen, planned to read it all in one sitting (like ripping off a band-aid, I thought it would be less painful to get it all over with at once), and it still made me bawl like a starving baby.  Still, the pain was well worth it; Green is intuitive and thought-provoking through his characters, story, and setting.  In short, read it.  It may make you a giant squid of anger, but in a "growing through squiddy anger" kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment