Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Isle of the Lost: A Descendants Novel by Melissa de la Cruz

The Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz - 314 pages
A Descendants Novel

This book is the prequel to the Disney movie The Descendants.  All of the evil villains of Disney movies have been banished to the Isle of the Lost.  There they are trapped under a dome that does not allow them to leave or to use magic.  The children of these villains are now teenagers and trying to live up to their parents' evil deeds.

I thought this was an interesting premise.  I had seen the Disney movie and wasn't too horribly impressed with the movie.  However, I thought the book was much better.  I think it is because the book allows for more time for character and plot development.  I did have a few issues with how a couple of the characters in the book were portrayed versus the movie but it wasn't too big of a detraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment