Monday, August 17, 2015

Paper Towns by John Green

Paper Towns by John Green, 305 pages

Quentin Jacobsen (Q for short) is taken on the ride of his life by fellow classmate and neighbor Margo Roth Speilman who hijacks him for a wild adventure.  What follows is Margo's disappearance and a fascinating mystery of what happened to Margo.  Why would she disappear a month before graduating from her Orlando, Florida high school.  Margo seems to have it all to Q so why disappear?  Q, and his friends, Ben and Radar are determined to find Margo, hopefully before graduation.  Along with Margo's friend, Lacey, the group sets off on a road trip of a lifetime, following Margo's clues.

Paper Towns is now a movie, but I wanted to know as little as possible before I read the book.  I really enjoyed the story.  I am still not sure what paper towns means, but it sure made me think.  I was a little disappointed in the ending, but it was a realistic outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment