Thursday, June 11, 2015

Freakling by Lana Krumwiede

Freakling by Lana Krumwiede - 309 pages

Taemon's family is slowly imploding.  His mother is overprotective and refuses to let her sons leave.  His father is speaking out against the religious leaders.  His brother is falsely being groomed as the True Son, the prophesied leader of the new age.  And Taemon must hide the fact that he has lost his psi so he doesn't get exiled to live with the Powerless.

This is the first book in the Psi Chronicles.  I've been interested in reading it for a while, so I picked it up to listen to on CD.  I listened to the first half of the book, but something about the audio was off-putting.  I don't know if it was the narration or if it's one of those books that just doesn't translate well being read out loud.  Once I switched to reading the print version, I couldn't put the book down.  I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading the other two books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment