Wednesday, June 24, 2015

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare - 487 pages
The Mortal Instruments - book 2

Things are getting more complicated for Clary and Jace.  Jace is being accused by the Shadowhunters of being a spy for Valentine.  Clary's mother is in a coma at the hospital.  They still have feelings for each other even after their father Valentine revealed they were siblings.  And now Valentine is raising an army of demons in preparation for attacking the Nephilim.

This is the second book in the Mortal Instruments series.  I read the first book over a year ago but never read the rest of the series.  After listening to the short story collection The Bane Chronicles I decided that if I liked the short stories set in that world then I would probably like the regular stories as well.  Turns out that was correct and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment