Saturday, February 21, 2015

Paper Towns by John Green

Paper Towns by John Green - 311 pages

Quentin has been in love with next door neighbor Margo for most of his life.  Then one night she climbs in his bedroom window and takes him along on a night of pranks and revenge.  The next day she disappears.  Quentin follows a string of clues to find the real Margo.

I read this book as part of a book club with some friends.  I must admit that if I didn't have to finish the book for the book club I probably would not have finished reading it.  I found the story to be completely predictable.  Like in most John Green books the characters are very introspective and learn a lot of about themselves throughout the story.  Also like most John Green characters, they are very self-involved and egotistical.  I thought it interesting that the others in the book club were surprised and disappointed by the ending.  I thought it was typical of the way the author ends his books and they way that I wanted it to end.

Paper Towns won the 2009 Edgar Award for best Young Adult Mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment