Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey

Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey - 320 pages

Talia's fondest wish comes true when she is Chosen to be a Herald a Valdemar.  In fact, she will be the new Queen's Own, the most important advisor to the queen in the country.  First, though she has to survive assassination attempts, assist in espionage, and get the basic training of all Heralds.
I listened to the audio version of this book.  It was the very first book of Mercedes Lackey that I ever read (nearly twenty years ago) and I've been hooked ever since.  While I still liked the story, I did not care for the narrator.  She didn't really use any emotion in her reading.  It also had awkward pauses at times while running together the words at others.  I would definitely recommend reading the book over listening to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment