Thursday, July 3, 2014

Carsick: John Waters Hitchhikes Across America, by John Waters, 336 pages

Carsick: John Waters Hitchhikes Across America Carsick: John Waters Hitchhikes Across America, by John Waters, 336 pages

John Waters is one of my favorite people, simply put- I was soooo envious when I heard on NPR a couple of years ago that he had been spotted hitchhiking.  Can you even imagine?  He could tell me stories about shoplifting with Divine and I could die happy.  What I did not realize when I started listening to this book was that it was 3 parts- the first was a novella comprised of the best possible scenarios he could imagine happening; the second the worst possible scenarios; and the third was what actually happened.  The best and worst scenarios were infinitely more interesting- especially the bad ones.  I mean, he is the king of filth, after all.  This was a fun read if you like JW- although you will hear some of the same old stories if you are familiar with his stand-up or talking head commentary.  I'm just glad to see him working. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment