Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Hoboken Chicken Emergency by Daniel Pinkwater

The Hoboken Chicken Emergency by Daniel Pinkwater - 108 pages

Arthur Bobowicz is sent to find a turkey for his family's Thanksgiving dinner.  Unfortunately, there are no turkeys to be found.  What he does find is a mad scientist who sells him Henrietta -- a six foot tall, 266 pound turkey.  When his father makes him return Henrietta, the chicken escapes and goes looking for Arthur.  Now Henrietta is scaring people all over town and the town is determined to get rid of the rampaging chicken.

I checked out the audio of this book a few weeks ago, however I never actually got around to listening to it.  So I decided to read it on my lunch break instead.  It was a very, very quick read as I finished it in 30 minutes.  I did enjoy the story and am considering reading some of the author's other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment