Monday, May 26, 2014

The Kite Runner, a graphic novel, by Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner: Graphic Novel The Kite Runner, a graphic novel, by Khaled Hosseini, 136 pages

Do I feel embarrassed that I read the graphic novel adaptation of a best-selling novel because I've never been able to get through the book?  Maybe a little bit.  But I only read it because it was turned into a movie, which is probably an even worse reason.  Whatever- that's this month's challenge!  And I'm glad I didn't read the whole book- I probably would've understood Afghani culture better, but I also would have been really devastated when all of these majorly devastating events happened.  I'm not in a place where I can handle emotional novels, you know?  So without giving too much away, this book has excellent artwork, there are sad things that happen, and the Taliban is pretty awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment