Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Blue Exorcist, v. 1 by Kazue Kato

Blue Exorcist, v. 1 by Kazue Kato - 200 pages

Rin is the offspring of Satan and a human mother.  The moment he finds this out is the moment that his whole life changes.  His foster father dies protecting him, he unleashes his demon powers, and he decides to attend True Cross Academy to become an exorcist.

I'll be honest.  I didn't care for the anime of this series.  I only picked this up as it fit the month's challenge theme of books turned into tv.  However, I like the manga better than the anime.  The characters don't seem quite so whiny.  It also condenses the story quite a bit so you're not getting a lot of extra stuff that doesn't really matter.  I'm not sure if I'll keep reading the series -- but it is much more likely than my watching the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment