Thursday, April 3, 2014

River Road by Jayne Ann Krentz

River Road by Jayne Ann Krentz - 343 pages

Lucy is returning to Summer River for the first time since being "rescued" from a party at age sixteen by Mason.  It was a huge cause of embaressment to her.  What she didn't realize was that she was in true danger that evening.  Danger that she finds out her aunt took care of for her and Mason -- by killing the person responsible and hiding the body in the fireplace for thirteen years.  Now Lucy is determined to discover whether her aunt's death had anything to do with the previous murder -- and Mason is determined to protect her while she goes on her search.
I always enjoy Krentz's books and this one was no exception.  I read it in less than a day.  I enjoyed that it was a standalone book.  I also liked that it didn't contain any paranormal aspects (although I do like those books of her also).  I had picked the killer out pretty early on, but it was interesting to see the investigation go through all the other suspects and how they also contributed to events.

No comments:

Post a Comment