Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hollow Earth by John Barrowman & Carole E. Barrowman

Hollow Earth by John Barrowman & Carole E. Barrowman - 382 pages

Twins Em and Matt are able to animate their drawings -- bringing them to life.  While this is a great trick, it also brings them to the attention of two different groups that want to either harm them or use them.  The Guardians want to bind their powers as they are too powerful.  The Hollow Earth Society wants them to open the doors to Hollow Earth where all the monsters exist. 

I'll be honest.  I picked up this book to read simply because it is written by John Barrowman, the actor that plays Capt. Jack on Doctor Who and Torchwood.  I was surprised to find that I really enjoyed the book.  While it wasn't the best written fantasy story I've read, it was very enjoyable.  I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment