Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Talking to Dragons by Patricia Wrede

Talking to Dragons by Patricia Wrede - 255 pages
Book 4 - The Enchanted Forest Chronicles

Daystar is surprised when his mother melts a wizard who tries to attack her.  He is even more surprised when that leads to her giving him a sword and telling him to go into the Enchanted Forest to find out what to do with it.  While traveling through the forest he meets and befriends fire witch Shiara, becomes allies with a young dragon, and is chased by wizards -- all while his sword keeps proclaiming him bearer of the sword of the sleeping king.

I remember when I first read this series in college that this was my favorite book of the series.  I'm not sure if it is still my favorite, but I did enjoy it quite a bit.  Again, I didn't remember as much of the book as I thought I did.  There was a lot more to the story than I remembered.  I did enjoy the narration of the book.  They did a much better job of keeping actors playing the same parts they did in the previous book.  The only issue I had was that the final CD went bad right at the last chapter.  I had to find the book to read the final chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment