Friday, February 21, 2014

Love as a Foreign Language, v 1, by J Torres, 200 pages

Love As A Foreign Language Omnibus Volume 1 (v. 1)  Love as a Foreign Language, v 1, by J Torres, 200 pages

This is a sweet and humorous manga about a Canadian named Joel who is teaching English in Korea.  Apparently, he hates Korea- he eats McDonalds because he can't stand the food, he thinks everyone is making fun of him, and he misses home.  He is all set to quit, when he finds out the new secretary at his ESL school is a beautiful woman named Hana.  I liked this- I wish I could find the rest of the series more easily than through ILL.  It had a Scott Pilgrim sort of humor to it- but not in an annoying Scott Pilgrim way.  (Anyone who liked the first Scott Pilgrim but hated the rest of the series will know what I'm saying). I think that both teens and adults would enjoy this- especially anyone who has considered going to Korea to teach English.

No comments:

Post a Comment