Friday, February 28, 2014

Loss of Innocence by Richard North Patterson

Loss of Innocence by Richard North Patterson--349 pages

This book is set in the summer of 1968 on Martha's Vineyard.  The main character is a young woman just starting out in life after attending college.  Through her we see the main issues of that time: the blossoming women's movement, the civil rights struggles, assassinations of Jack and Bobby Kennedy as well as Martin Luther King Jr., and conflict over the Vietnam War.  Having grown up during this period, this book made me think back to those issues.  At the time, I had no idea that the late sixties and early seventies would play such an important part in influencing the future of our country.  This was a new author for me, and I must say that I enjoyed his book.  I will definitely read some of his other titles! 



No comments:

Post a Comment