Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hayao Miyazaki: Master of Japanese Animation by Helen McCarthy

Hayao Miyazaki: Master of Japanese Animation by Helen McCarthy - 239 pages

I saw this book on the holds shelf for someone else and decided to put myself on hold for it.  It is a look at Hayao Miyazaki's film works through the mid-1990s.  I didn't realize it was an older title until I was already reading the book.  It doesn't contain information on any of his newer films -- including my favorite Miyazaki film "Howl's Moving Castle".  Still, it was fascinating to read about his earlier works - his techniques, the inspirations, and the story lines.  This is definitely only for those who have an interest in anime and Miyazaki's films in particular.
Just one side note -- the book is in spiral-bound format which was very annoying the read.  The pages kept catching making it difficult to turn the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment