Saturday, December 21, 2013

Good Tidings and Great Joy by Sarah Palin

Good Tidings and Great Joy by Sarah Palin, 235 pages

I am not sure what I was expecting from this book, but I was a little disappointed in this new Sarah Palin book about "protecting the heart of Christmas."  I do remember trying to read her Going Rogue book and not being able to finish it.  I thought this book was not very well written, and I think I felt that way about her previous book.  I thought this book would give me more of a holiday vibe, but all I felt was a lot of her bashing retailers who go more for Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas (who did not already know that) and government bodies who are against the original nativity scene.  She did include many personal stories of her own family's Christmas.  She even did manage to get a half page on Bristol's appearance on Dancing With the Stars. Sarah Palin has many good points in this book, but nothing earth shattering or very heartfelt.

No comments:

Post a Comment