Monday, December 16, 2013

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein - 368 pages

I had a friend who raved about how good this book was and she pushed me to read it.  I had my doubts at the beginning because of the narrator's unique rambling voice but I was quickly drawn in by the richness of the story.  This is one of those books that you can't describe the plot beyond broad strokes so you don't ruin the experience for others.  Basically two young girls meet under unlikely circumstances during World War II era England and they both serve the war effort in their own ways with their paths crossing numerous times.  I really enjoyed this book even though it made me cry.  It is truly the story of an amazing friendship that shines brightly in some of the worst times imaginable.

No comments:

Post a Comment