Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The End: 50 Apocalyptic Visions from Pop Culture That You Should Know by Laura Barcella

The End: 50 Apocalyptic Visions from Pop Culture That You Should Know . . . Before It's Too Late by Laura Barcella - 157 pages

I picked up this book thinking about the Mayan prophecy that the world will end in 2012.  I was thinking it would talk about various theories on how the world was going to end.  Instead it is a look at 50 different books, movies, plays, artwork, and songs that discuss either an apocalypse or the end of the world.  I discovered several movies and books that I'm interested in reading / watching.  The only issue I had was that some of the entries seemed a little dated like maybe they were written several years before some of the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment