Friday, December 2, 2016

The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan

The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan - 376 pages
The Trials of Apollo #1

Apollo has been punished by Zeus for allowing Gaea to almost awake and destroy the world.  He's been sent to earth as a teenage human boy.  He's immediately set upon by two thugs and is rescued by a nearly feral demigod god who attacks people with rotten fruit.  Now Apollo must serve this demigod all while trying to figure out what is happening to the oracles and why prophecies are no longer occurring.

This is the first book in Riordan's new Greek mythology series.  I didn't think I would like this book as Apollo as struck me as whiny and annoying, but I truly enjoyed it.  It was hard for me to put it down.  It was great to revisit some of my favorite characters from the previous Percy Jackson series.  I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment