Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The Shack by William P. Young

The Shack by William P. Young, 252 pages

I listened to this book as a playaway, but I also read along in parts.  I had been planning on reading this book for years, and I finally got around to it.  With the movie coming out a few months ago, I thought this would be the perfect time to do it.  I did not want to know anything about this book before I started it and to that I held true.  I had no idea what this book was about before I began it.  I was surprised by the plot.  However, I did know the major plot revolved around a very young girl turning up missing in the woods while camping with her Dad and siblings.  What I did not know or expect was what happened next. This book is about the father Mackenzie and his faith and relationship with Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit.  It is also about his relationship with his own father and accepting the fate of his young daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment