Monday, May 22, 2017

Kamisama Kiss, v. 1-3 by Juliette Suzuki

Kamisama Kiss, v. 1 by Juliette Suzuki - 200 pages
Kamisama Kiss, v. 2 by Julietta Suzuki - 200 pages
Kamisama Kiss, v. 3 by Julietta Suzuki - 200 pages

Nanami finds herself alone and homeless after her father runs away to escape the debt collectors and she's evicted from their apartment.  Luckily, she meets and helps a man in the park who "gives" her his home in thanks.  When she gets to the house, she discovers that he has turned her into deity of the local shrine of matchmaking.  Now she's dealing with a cranky familiar while fighting off yokai who are after her new powers.

I tried this series once before and didn't make it through the first volume.  However, we watching the anime at our last Teen Anime Club meeting and I thought I would give it another try.  I found that I really enjoyed it this time.  I think I just didn't give it enough time to get past the introductions to the characters and to get into the story before.  I think this would be a great series for those who liked the Fruits Basket series.

No comments:

Post a Comment