Monday, March 6, 2017

The Best Man by Richard Peck

The Best Man by Richard Peck - 232 pages

Archer Magill has four heroes -- his dad, his grandpa, his Uncle Paul, and his teacher Mr. McLeod.  This is the story of his four heroes focusing on his 5th and 6th grade years when his life starts to change.

I really liked this book.  I picked it up when I needed something to read during lunch.  Then I found I didn't want to put it down.  I started reading again as soon as I got home and finished it quickly.  This is a very simple everyday story of a boy's life.  It is a great book for boys as it talks about how the men, and women, in his life influence him.  I would recommend this for all kids to read -- even though the whole family in the book idolizes the Chicago Cubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment