Saturday, February 4, 2017

Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption by Katie Davis with Beth Clark

Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption by Katie Davis with Beth Clark-280 pages

My mom read this book and recommended it (and actually left her copy for me to read last time she visited). I wanted to read it for last month's memoirs and biographies challenge, but didn't get around to it, so I decided to read it this month. I really liked reading this book and didn't want to put it down. It has really changed my outlook on life and what it means to do missions work and to truly do what God has called us to do. Katie Davis leaves everything behind in the U.S. and moves to Uganda shortly after graduating high school. She ends up adopting several young Ugandan girls and sponsoring hundreds to go to school and get proper health care and such. She creates a non-profit organization called Amazima (which means truth in Luganda) Ministries to help sponsor even more kids to get an education and live "better" lives. Throughout her time in Uganda she her faith is tested and stretched and God blesses her immensely and touched many Ugandan lives through her. Overall, I could not put this book down and recommend it to anyone interested in missions work of any kind, here and/or abroad. It has really opened my eyes and changed my outlook on what living in "third world" countries is really like and what God has called us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment