Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Big Bad Book Of Bill Murray: A Critical Appreciation Of The Wolrd's Finest Actor by Robert Schnakenberg

The Big Bad Book Of Bill Murray: A Critical Appreciation Of The World's Finest Actor by Robert Schnakenberg, 271 pages

This was the second book I have read in the past week on Bill Murray.  I am not a huge Bill Murray fan, but I found him to be a most fascinating fixture at the recent World Series games where the Cubs prevailed to win in a most spectacular victory.  Where the Cubs were, Bill Murray was too. He even gave one of his seats to a fan.  So, I thought who is this funny guy from Chicago?  Bill was born and raised in Chicago, one of nine children. Before I read this book, I had heard things about his drug use and his arrest for drug possession, but I did not know much about the man.  I loved the way this book was written.  This is the first biography I have read that was written alphabetically in dictionary form, from A to Z. Some topics were just under general headings and others were not only roles he has played, but also ones he has turned down.  Some people may not like the way it is written with just random tidbits, but I found this a very entertaining read about someone who would not seem too interesting. There are also many great pictures in this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment