Thursday, October 27, 2016

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling - 341 pages

Harry is now in his second year at Hogwarts.  It doesn't start well with warnings that he shouldn't return and an official notice from the Ministry of Magic that he performed illegal underage magic.  Things only get worse when students start getting attacked and petrified.  It seems someone has opened the Chamber of Secrets . . . .

This is the second book in the series.  It has always been my least favorite book in the series.  It is still firmly a children's book in its writing style and plot.  However, I enjoyed listening to the audio version much more than I thought I would.  Most of that can be attributed to narrator extraordinaire Jim Dale.  He brings anything he narrates to life so that I enjoy it -- even when I really hate the book he is narrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment