Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Unexpected Consequences of Love by Jill Mansell

The Unexpected Consequences of Love by Jill Mansell - 425 pages

Josh has recently returned to town to help his grandmother run their hotel and has fallen for Sophie.  Sophie has made a vow to never open herself up to love again.  Sophie's friend Tula has moved to town for a new job and has a crush on Josh.  Josh's friend Riley likes Tula.  To make it even more complicated Josh's grandfather Laurence wants to reunite with Josh's grandmother Dot but she won't allow anything but a platonic friendship.  Riley's aunt Marguerite though thinks Laurence is perfect for her.

I was surprised how much I liked this book.  It was a fun, quick read.  In fact, I read it in one sitting in under three hours.  I enjoyed the occasional British reference in the book - especially a reference to Daleks.  I look forward to reading more of the author's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment