Thursday, September 18, 2014

I Am Here by Ema Toyama

I Am Here!, v.1 by Ema Toyama - 405 pages
I Am Here!, v.2 by Ema Toyama - 425 pages

Sumino is virtually invisible to everybody.  Classmates even sit on her thinking there is nobody at her desk.  The only people she connects with are the two anonymous posters on her blog.  Then one day the most popular boy at school, Hinata, notices her.  With the encouragement of her online friends, Sumino starts making herself known so that she can connect with Hinata.

This manga took a little time for me to get into it.  I was nearly two-thirds of the way through the first manga before I really started getting interested in the story.  Sumino was just too weak and annoying in the first book for anybody to root for her.  However, by the time I got to the second volume I was really enjoying the story.  The story ends kind of abruptly.  I was thinking there was going to be a third volume but I can't find any information about one.

No comments:

Post a Comment