Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Deadpool vol. 1 by Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn

Deadpool vol. 1 by Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn, 280 pages

Deadpool is awesome.  That should be more than enough for people to read this, but I've got more.  This volume contains two story arcs, "Dead Presidents" and "Soul Hunter," which are issues 1-6 and 7-12 respectively of the current running of Deadpool awesomeness.

In "Dead Presidents," a Necromancer summons back the former U.S. Presidents in order to bring about a new age of prosperity for the country.  His plan backfires and it's up to S.H.I.E.L.D. to stop stop them.  However, not being in good taste to send Captain American to take down the former leaders of his namesake, the Merc with the Mouth is sent instead, and hilarity follows.

"Soul Hunter" kinda picks up where "Dead Presidents" left off, starting with a fairly relevant flashback.  Anyway, this time around Deadpool must collect souls for a demon who wishes to challenge Mephisto for power.  Hilarity follows.

Deadpool is great.  Never before have I actually "lol'd" at anything print, let alone a graphic novel, let alone super hero one.  I knew what I was getting into and still had my expectations blown out of the water.  Upon finishing, I had to call a carpenter, because my the fourth wall of my room had been completely torn down (but not really, just my lame attempt at humor).

No comments:

Post a Comment