Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Boyfriend Wrote a Book About Me..., by Hilary Winston

My Boyfriend Wrote a Book About Me..., by Hilary Winston, 240 pages

The impetus for this book is that Hilary thinks she's finally gotten over her ex-boyfriend, Kyle, when she finds out that he has written a book of fiction that is a thinly veiled account of their relationship- and it does not portray her kindly.  She proceeds to discuss how she grew to have her current jaded feelings towards men and how much she loves her cats.

I think that this was supposed to be really funny; I also think that someone theoretically edited it before publication; however, I kept finding typos throughout and found myself alternating between loathing her as a person and sobbing wildly over the death of her cat.  While I could totally relate to some of the situations she found herself in, I did not enjoy this, nor would I recommend it to anyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment